Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: How to find MAC address
From: "Martin O'Neal" <martin.oneal () corsaire com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:53:41 +0100

I don't know the MSRPC protocols very well, but if the
MAC address is available from the response Nmap already
receives (and Nmap simply isn't grabbing it), or if
changing the data will get us the same info we already
do, plus the MAC address, I'd certainly welcome an
nmap-service-probes patch to remidy that deficiency.

Easy as pie; take a look at the nessus script (netbios_name_get.nasl)
for template code.

Then something good can come out of this pissing match after all :).

Effluent usually aids organic growth.  :P

Martin...