Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Suggested patch
From: "Carl-Johan Bostorp" <carl-johan.bostorp () hps se>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:58:23 +0100

Well, here's the thing. I expected the program not to ping anything, therefor I used -P0. The program didn't perform as
expected, and if you agree that -P0 actually should mean "Do not use any form of ping" then by logic, this patch should
be applied. If I did want it to ARP ping, I would've used -PR, but I didn't want that.

The situation that triggered this was an erroneous netmask on the interface. The routing however was set up correctly,
so I decided not to modify anything on account of me not having physical access to the machine in case the network went
down.

/C-J

(p.s., I'm not on the list so Cc:ing replies to me is a good idea if you want further input from me)