Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: UDP scanning
From: Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:06:44 +0000

"nmap -sU -sV -p U:137,138 hostname" yields

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2007-01-11 20:02 GMT
Interesting ports on host.mydomain.com (ip.add.r.e.ss):
PORT    STATE         SERVICE     VERSION
137/udp open          netbios-ns  Microsoft Windows netbios-ssn
(workgroup: MYDOMAIN)
138/udp open|filtered netbios-dgm
MAC Address: 00:13:72:2E:1C:B1 (Dell)
Service Info: OS: Windows

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 51.395 seconds

So I guess it works ok. I can't tell on the 138 port whether it really
is open or filtered, there must have been no response on that port.

Thanks

-h

Hari Sekhon

Hans Nilsson wrote:
Well since, like you mention, UDP ports don't typically respond to
packets it's probably difficult. All I can think of is also trying a
version scan and seeing if you can provoke a response from the port in
question.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:51:24 +0000, "Hari Sekhon"