Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Time to lose gen1 OS detection?
From: Jens Link <lists () quux de>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:04:44 +0100

Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () univie ac at> writes:

I would argue that old versions of Nmap are still available for
download. Nostalgic scans can still be performed with these. I don't
think that looking for old boxes is the main use case of Nmap.

Well it might not be the main use for nmap but it is one. I like to use
nmap to see what is out there on the network I'm testing and most of the
time there are many old boxes which I like to identify. And I don't like
the thought of using two different nmap versions for this.

cheers,

Jens
--
sage () guug Berlin: http://www.guug.de/lokal/berlin/index.html