Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Time to lose gen1 OS detection?
From: "Dario Ciccarone (dciccaro)" <dciccaro () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:41:37 -0400

I run a gen2 scan on my home network last nite - and results were less
than desirable. I'll run the same scan with gen1 - see what the
differences are.

Gen1 has been around for a long time - and unless you deem it amazingly
buggy, I would keep it until the next main release *after* this one -
give time for people to submit new sigs, see if the new db can get up to
the same qty of sigs the old one has.

Just my 2 cents :)

Dario