Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Windows Installer version doesn't include IPv6
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 17:37:25 -0700

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 03:41:08PM -0500, Bruce Curtis wrote:

   The Windows version with the installer doesn't include IPv6
support.  I tried it on XP with IPv6 installed and on Vista.  On both
I got an error message saying my host doesn't support IPv6 or nmap
was not compiled with IPv6.

Good point.  IIRC, we had some portability issues when we tried to
compile the IPv6 code on Windows, so we just disabled it.  But I'd
love to have it supported.  Do we have any volunteers here who want to
work on it?

Cheers,
-F