mailing list archives
Fwd: [Wireshark-dev] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 4.0.2 has been released
From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:10:38 -0600
Folks might want to see if this helps with any of the strange Vista issues.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gianluca Varenni
Date: Nov 9, 2007 11:47 AM
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 4.0.2 has been released
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
As of today, WinPcap 4.0.2 is available in the download section of the
WinPcap website, http://www.winpcap.org/install/ .
This maintenance release addresses a security vulnerability reported
by the iDefense Labs in a soon-to-be-released advisory.
Full details can be found in the change log attached at the end of
Changelog from WinPcap 4.0.1
- Disabled support for monitor mode (also called TME, Table Management
Extensions) in the driver. This module suffers from several security
vulnerabilities that could result in BSODs or privilege escalation
attacks. This fix addresses a security vulnerability reported by the
- Bug fixing:
* Added a missing NULL pointer check in pcap_open()
* Fixed a misplaced #ifdef WIN32 directive in pcap_open().
* Fixed a bug in the send routine of the driver that could cause a
crash under low resources conditions.
* Fixed a bug in the installer causing a mis-detection of a previous
* Minor cleanup of some #define directives in the driver (to disable
the TME extensions).
Wireshark-dev mailing list
Wireshark-dev () wireshark org
NOTICE: This email is being sent in clear-text across the public
Internet. Therefore, any attempts to include unenforceable legalese
restrictions are ridiculous and pointless. If you can read this,
consider yourself authorized (whether I like it or not).
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://SecLists.Org
- Fwd: [Wireshark-dev] [ANNOUNCE] WinPcap 4.0.2 has been released DePriest, Jason R. (Nov 09)