Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.23RC1 released
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:36:45 -0800

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 04:07:28PM +0100, Patrick Derwael wrote:

Apparently, the installation of zenmap 4.23RC1 requires the exact Python
version to be exactly 2.4
I'm running Python 2.5, and installation fails with
"/usr/bin/python2.4 is needed by zenmap-4.23RC1-1.noarch"

Any clue anyone how to pass this by ??

Hi Patrick.  We were hoping that people with Python 2.5 would
generally also have 2.4 for compatability reasons.  Apparently that
isn't always the case.  What distribution are you running?  We could
make a separate Python 2.5 RPM, but it would be nice to find a
solution which avoids that.  After all, I'm still celebrating us not
having to have x86 and x86_64 versions like we did with NmapFE.  I
think the only difference is that this needs to be installed in the
Python 2.5 module directory rather than 2.4.

Does anyone know a good way to handle this in RPMs?  We would be
interested in seeing RPMs for Python scripts which handle both
versions without requiring separate rpms?

Note that you should still be able to install from the Nmap tarball
(source distribution).  Or you could install Python 2.4 for
compatability.

Cheers,
-F