Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Latest Nmap = Segmentation fault
From: Lionel Cons <lionel.cons () cern ch>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:42:20 +0100

I've built Nmap from SVN (revision 6420) and, with a simple test NSE
script, I get a segfault. FWIW, I get the same behaviour with
nmap-4.23RC3.

# nmap -d --script ./test.nse -sU -p 623 localhost

Starting Nmap 4.23RC3 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2007-12-04 09:37 CET
[...]
SCRIPT ENGINE: Initialized 1 rules
SCRIPT ENGINE: Matching rules.
SCRIPT ENGINE: Will run ././test.nse against 127.0.0.1
SCRIPT ENGINE: Running scripts.
SCRIPT ENGINE: Runlevel: 1.000000
Initiating SCRIPT ENGINE at 09:37
SCRIPT ENGINE DEBUG: so far so good
Segmentation fault

I don't know if I made a mistake in my test script (see below) but I
think that Nmap should not segfault, even with bogus scripts...

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lionel Cons

--
-- script definition
--

id          = "test"
description = "test description"

--
-- used modules
--

require('stdnse')

--
-- we do not use a portrule as the port may appear to be closed
--

hostrule = function(host)
        return true

--
-- action
--

action = function(host)
        local port = {
                number   = 623,
                protocol = "udp",
                version  = {
                        name        = "rmcp",
                        confidence  = 10,
                        fingerprint = nil,
                },
        }
        stdnse.print_debug("so far so good")
        nmap.set_port_version(host, port, "hardmatched")
        stdnse.print_debug("not reached")
        return
end