Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap dies on MacOS X 10.5.1
From: Daniel Johnson <daniel () daniel-johnson org>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 18:10:38 -0500

On Dec 4, 2007, at 2:59 PM, Jay Chandler wrote:

Daniel Johnson wrote:

On Dec 4, 2007, at 1:28 PM, David Fifield wrote:

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 12:50:29PM -0500, Daniel Johnson wrote:
I'm also having zenmap crashing on 10.5.1, but in a different way. I
maintain the nmap package for Fink and have an experimental 4.23RC3
package that works, but zenmap always crashes after completing a scan.
This is the error:

CRASH REPORTED:
  SYS.PLATFORM: darwin
  OS.NAME: posix
  Zenmap Version: 4.23RC3

STDOUT

STDERR
CRITICAL - 2007-12-04 11:54:57,083 - execute_command nmap -d -T
Aggressive -A -v 192.168.1.1
File "/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/umitGUI/ScanNotebook.py",
line 916, in update_host_info
  self.switch_host_details(host_objs[0]['page'])
File "/sw/lib/python2.5/site-packages/umitGUI/ScanNotebook.py",
line 988, in switch_host_details
  elif len(page) == 1:

HOOK:
Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Value: object of type 'ScanHostDetailsPage' has no len()

It seems that 'page' is missing the len() function? I'm not very
familiar with python.

Hmm, I don't know. What version of PyGTK are you using?
ScanHostDetailsPage is a subclass of gtk.Expanderm, which for me has a length (len(page) -> 2 in this case). len() is implemented as a method called __len__, which in PyGTK 2.10.4 is inherited by gtk.Expander from
gtk.Container.

But I think the code is mistaken anyway. It looks more like
switch_host_details is able to take either a single page or a list of pages. The code that says "if type(page) == type([])" is testing if page
is a list. I think that

   elif len(page) == 1:

is trying to see if page is a list containing more than one page, but it also will be true if page is a gtk.Expander containing a single element.
Can you try the attached patch?

With this patch, zenmap works. Thanks! I think my problem was that my PyGTK is old: 2.6.6. Fink is in the process of upgrading to the latest GTK, but because of the dependency on cairo it has been necessary to update hundreds of packages simultaneously with new dependencies and it's taking a lot of time. :/

Hmm-- I don't show a PyGTK in MacPorts; does Fink work happily alongside?

Fink and MacPorts coexist fine since they use different prefixes: /sw and /opt/local. Don't try to build something with a mixture of the two though or Bad Things will probably happen.

If you want to try my experimental package, you can get the info and patch files here:

http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/fink/experimental/danielj/nmap.info?revision=1.1
http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/fink/experimental/danielj/nmap.patch?revision=1.1

They should go into /sw/fink/10.4/local/main/finkinfo/net once Fink is installed. The package will take care of installing all needed dependencies.

Daniel