Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two patches against 4.22SOC6 (liblua modules in libexec and liblua cflags)
From: jah <jah () zadkiel plus com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:48:12 +0100

I'd quite like to have a go at building nmap on XP with your patches
applied as I've only recently got all the UMIT dependencies sorted out...

I've got tortoiseSVN installed and I've got a WC of
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap.
I assumed I could apply the patches to this WC, but there's trouble.
Probably only little trouble.  Tortoise merge doesn't seem to like the
patches because they don't have (an) index line)s(.  I can't find a way
to force it to see that it's a -u diff.  I haven't yet found anything
that will convert the patch and I am not confident I can reproduce the
Index lines because I don't really understand which files are being patched.

Anyone know if/where I'm going wrong?  Can you output the patches with
the Index lines Christoph?

jah

Christoph J. Thompson wrote:
Hello,

I've whipped up two patches to fix some things:

1) liblua isn't compiled with the global CFLAGS.

2) nselib's .so modules are installed in $root/share/nmap/nselib/. They shouldn't because the share directory is for
architecture independent files. With my patch the .so modules are installed in $root/libexec/nmap/nse/.

I've tested both of these patches and everything works fine and it shouldn't cause problems on Windows, but I can't
test that.

Both patches are unified diffs against stock 4.22SOC6.