Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Another final (perhaps) release candidate: Nmap 4.49RC5
From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 21:13:26 -0000

Evening,

I took a quick look at the RC5 win32 zip and spotted that bit.dll is
duplicated in the nselib folder (actually, the one in nselib-bin is dated
27/11/2007, the one in nselib is dated 11/10/2007), and that the nselib
folder also contains pcre.dll (also dated 11/10/2007). I presume it's safe
to remove the duplicate bit.dll from nselib, but what's the story behind
pcre.dll? I think it appeared in nmap-4.22SOC3, disappeared in nmap-4.49RC4,
and is back again in RC5. Should it be in nselib-bin too with bit.dll? Was
it accidentally left out of RC4 or has it accidentally crept back with RC5?

Rob