Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Final (perhaps) release candidate: Nmap 4.49RC4
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 13:25:32 -0800

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 02:08:08PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 04:14:32AM -0800, Fyodor wrote:
On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 04:48:20AM +0000, jah wrote:

How about putting an HTML version of the Zenmap man page in as the help?
I could work on the man page this weekend and make it cover the same
topics the old documentation did.

Hi David.  If you can work to improve the man page, that will be
great.  I plan to update the build system this weekend so that the
HTML version is automatically placed online like the Nmap man page is.

Including local copies of the HTML-rendered Nmap/Zenmap man pages
might be worth doing at some point, but I'd rather not worry about
that now.  For one thing, they are large (the English language version
of the Nmap man page is 238KB in HTML) and UNIX users already have the
same information locally in the man page (which is 150K Nroff for Nmap
English).  Also, the online docs page has far more information and
also translation in other languages.  Including local copies does have
advantages though: you get the version from your exact version of Nmap
(though that means you might not learn about newer features you would
get by upgrading Nmap) and you can read them when you don't have an
Internet connection.

Cheers,
-F