Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: tcpwrapped?
From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:58:35 -0000 (UTC)

Does the term "tcpwrapped" refer to this
"tcpd" like behaviour?

Yes, at least that's always been my understanding. I haven't looked at the
code, but I believe nmap is hardcoded to display "tcpwrapped" when it
encounters this behaviour, especially as the string isn't in the
nmap-services file. I often see it when scanning Windows hosts, and it's
unlikely that they're running tcp_wrappers ;)

Rob