Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New patch for XML output
From: "João Medeiros" <ignotus21 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:39:33 -0300

Hi,

    Yes, I can. I'm making a services viewer and some features. I'll
release these soon. At now one screenshot:

http://www.engcomp.ufrn.br/~ignotus/radialnet/image/screenshot-04.png

Att, João Medeiros.

On Dec 14, 2007 2:28 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 08:10:14AM -0300, João Medeiros wrote:
    I don't know if you the the topic [0] that I talk about the
problem. In it the reason to do this is explained. I don't understand
if you mean that is not necessary escape this, or if exists a better
way to solve the problem. If it's the first, please read the link
below.

[0] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q4/0572.html

You're right, I didn't realize that this was a follow-up patch. I'm also
more ignorant of XML than I thought. It seems painful, because it will
create a bunch of long ugly lines in the XML output (that can't be cut
and pasted), but your solution seems like the right one. Escaping
whitespace characters is only required in attribute values, but then
almost everything in Nmap XML is stored in attributes anyway. I'll think
about it and leave some time for others to comment but I think I'll
commit the rest of your patch.

Can you tell me what you were doing in UmitMapper that caused you to run
into this?

David Fifield