Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE Script] MySQL Server Information
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:29:10 -0800

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 01:56:26PM -0600, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
I found another oddity, not with your script, but with
socket_object:set_timeout(t).  Having read the nmap network I/O api page
[1] I read your script sock:set_timeout(5000) as 50 seconds which I
thought was rather excessive.  But I confirmed that the timeout is, as
I'm sure you intended, 5s.  Is this an error in the docs do you think?
Perhaps something changed, but the doc didn't get updated?

Hmm.. that's interesting as well!

I'm not sure what happened with that.  I don't have access to change it,
so hopefully somebody corrects the problem.

Thanks for the report, Jah, and the confirmation, Kris.  I have
updated http://insecure.org/nmap/nse/nse-api.html to reflect that
set_timeout provides the time in milliseconds.

Cheers,
-F