Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: windows installer and COPYING
From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:26:02 -0000

I'd still prefer to find a neater way, but with all the line breaks and the
asterisks, it would be tricky to clean up the COPYING file.

There isn't an easy way to change the size of the text in the installer. The
options are including an RTF instead of a text file (someone could write a
script that adds an RTF header and sets the font to what you want, and
replace linebreaks with \par and close the whole lot with a "}") or you can
do what the attached patch does and change the font for the license page and
then set it back again. I think this works without causing any problems.

The gist is I add:
  !define MUI_PAGE_CUSTOMFUNCTION_SHOW setLicenseFont
  !define MUI_PAGE_CUSTOMFUNCTION_LEAVE setLicenseFontBack
Just before the MUI_PAGE_LICENSE

And then add another couple of functions in the function section:
Function setLicenseFont
         FindWindow $1 "#32770" "" $HWNDPARENT
         GetDlgItem $1 $1 1000
         CreateFont $2 "Arial" "7" "700"
         SendMessage $1 ${WM_SETFONT} $2 0
Functionend

Function setLicenseFontBack
         FindWindow $1 "#32770" "" $HWNDPARENT
         GetDlgItem $1 $1 1000
         CreateFont $2 "$(^Font)" "8" "700"
         SendMessage $1 ${WM_SETFONT} $2 0
Functionend

And then you get smaller text that doesn't wrap. I've uploaded a couple of
PNGs to show what it looks like, new version on the left, current version on
the right:
http://www.everythingeverything.co.uk/files/copying_top.png
http://www.everythingeverything.co.uk/files/copying_11.png

A fixed width font like Courier New looks slightly nicer (especially for
lines with an asterisk at each end and lots of spaces in between), but the
only way to make it fit is to make it so small that it's almost impossible
to read.

I'm pretty sure, without using a plugin like UltraModernUI that radically
alters the UI, that the size of the license text box can't be changed.

Rob