Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

OLPC units arrived in time for Christmas
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:01:51 -0800

Hi all.  You may recall my May email about supporting Nmap on the One
Laptop Per Child (OLPC) XO machines
(http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q2/0286.html).  I'm happy to report
that the three units we ordered as part of the give-one-get-one
program have arrived.  What a great Christmas present!  I've been
playing with mine all weekend and am writing this email on it now.  It
isn't perfect (keyboard too small and has terrible rubber keys;
terminal app is as bad as Windows' cmd.exe--doesn't even have copy &
paste).  But overall the device is quite cool!  The screen is
excellent and WiFi works better and is easier to configure than on my
Thinkpad.  And at least I can fix the software bugs if they bother me
enough.  I posted pictures at:

http://insecure.org/images/olpc/

The next step is to install gcc, Nmap, and Zenmap on this thing!  Is
anyone else here exploring Nmap on OLPC?

Cheers,
Fyodor