Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Trend Micro OfficeScan service fingerprint
From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:05:16 -0800

Hi Tom!

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 06:39:29PM -0600 or thereabouts, Tom Sellers wrote:
While working on some problems with Trend Micro's OfficeScan
antivirus I realized that I had never seen the associated
client network port identified by Nmap.

Thanks a lot for creating a probe! As you probably saw from the
OfficeScan comment, I've noticed problems with this service too:

# This is here for NULL probe cheat since several probes unpredictably trigger it -Doug

I just checked in the following probe to SVN:

Probe TCP OfficeScan q|GET /?CAVIT HTTP/1.1\r\n\r\n|
rarity 9
ports 12345
match http m|^HTTP/1.0 \d\d\d .*\r\nServer: OfficeScan Client| p/Trend Micro OfficeScan Antivirus http config/

Does this work for you? I deleted the match line in the GetRequest
probe but left it in the NULL probe in case we get it on a fallback.

Also, I noticed that the Help probe also has port 12345 listed
as a probable port so it will tried first. I can't remember
what service in Help is run on 12345 but could maybe dig that
info up if it matters.

Best,

Doug