Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Removing tcpsequence "class" attribute in Nmap XML output
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:49:00 -0600

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:27:37AM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
The attribute is always "unknown class". It no longer conveys
information, so I want to get rid of it. I don't want to break
applications that parse Nmap XML, though (I checked and Zenmap will need
a small patch). So this is a warning that I plan to remove the
attribute, and a request for anyone to correct me if I'm off base in
removing it.

But the real question is: would the Perl Nmap::Parser and/or
Nmap::Scanner need to be patched themselves, or would just the scripts
need to be edited, or would it all just behave like mine above?

I tried Nmap::Parser, and it reads an input file just fine. It only
crashes if you try to call the tcpsequence_class method.

I tried Nmap::Scanner on the same input file, but it seemed like the
host list returned by get_host_list was empty. I don't know Perl too
well, so it could be my fault.

David Fifield