Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Testing packages for Zenmap on Mac OS X now available
From: bensonk () acm wwu edu
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:27:14 -0700

So, following your advice, I played around with it from the terminal.  Here's what I found:

I poked around /Applications/Zenmap/Contents/MacOS/ and found it was happy to run things for me.  When I run ./python
zenmap it crashes right away:

bensonk () wlan2106 MacOS $ ./python zenmap
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmap", line 8, in <module>
    import os
ImportError: No module named os
bensonk () wlan2106 MacOS $

When I run ./zenmap it tries to do some things, and crashes eventually:

bensonk () wlan2106 MacOS $ ./zenmap

GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 197 (g_mutex_trylock_posix_impl): error 'Invalid argument' during
'pthread_mutex_trylock'
aborting...
Abort trap
bensonk () wlan2106 MacOS $

When I run ./zenmap.bin it creates a window, and then crashes:
http://acm.wwu.edu/~bensonk/zenmap_crash.png

bensonk () wlan2106 MacOS $ ./zenmap.bin
  File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 137, in <module>
  File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 134, in _run
  File "/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/zenmap.py", line 156, in <module>
  File "zenmapGUI/App.pyc", line 96, in run
  File "zenmapGUI/App.pyc", line 124, in __run_gui
  File "zenmapGUI/App.pyc", line 53, in __create_show_main_window
  File "zenmapGUI/MainWindow.pyc", line 45, in <module>
  File "zenmapGUI/SearchWindow.pyc", line 24, in <module>
  File "zenmapGUI/SearchGUI.pyc", line 40, in <module>
  File "zenmapCore/SearchResult.pyc", line 31, in <module>
  File "zenmapCore/UmitDB.pyc", line 64, in <module>
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 197 (g_mutex_trylock_posix_impl): error 'Invalid argument' during
'pthread_mutex_trylock'
aborting...
Abort trap
bensonk () wlan2106 MacOS $

It does seem like the GThread Error message is causing the problem, but I'm not familiar enough with GTK or .app
packages to know if that's right.

I'm not really concerned with the fact that the GUI doesn't know how to run it.  I mean, clearly it's a long-term
priority, but right now it seems more pressing to get it to actually run on the G4 processor.  The "Get Info" command
you suggested does indeed say what you said it should.  I wonder if there's a mac knowledge base article somewhere on
making OS X realize that python scripts are universal by nature?

Anyway, thanks for all you work on this.  I hope I'm providing enough info to be helpful.

Benson