Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Exp Branch for OpenSSL on Windows
From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 06:58:35 +0530

Hey everyone,

I've created a branch for testing OpenSSL on Windows:
/nmap-exp/kris/openssl-testing

Rather than using the zip archive I mentioned in my last email,
compilation of OpenSSL from source has been decided on.

My branch contains the OpenSSL libraries and headers needed for Nmap
compilation, and the DLLs required for running.  These files are in
mswin32/OpenSSL.

The two DLLs are about 580kb zipped.

Also in the new OpenSSL directory is upgrade-guide.txt containing
instructions for building OpenSSL and copying everything over for
Nmap.  This is pretty much a more detailed version of Thomas'
instructions, plus simple directions on what to copy over to where.

Now SSL support should be built-in without any additional steps to the
regular build process.  You shouldn't have to do anything extra since
all of Thomas' steps should be taken care of.

The Nmap zip and installer should both work without change, too.

So big thanks to Thomas for doing the initial work on getting this going!

If you have to change anything to get SSL working, or if it doesn't
work at all, please let me know.  Of course, please let me know if it
works too :)

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn