Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Exp Branch for OpenSSL on Windows
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:13:56 -0700

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 07:05:13PM -0500, Thomas Buchanan wrote:
Thanks for the tips.  I worked around it on one of my systems by doing:

$ ln -sf /cygdrive/c /c

which worked fine too.  But I wonder if it might make sense to actually
change the Makefile, because as far as I can tell, the current Cygwin
install/setup process doesn't create the /c mount point (although I
think it may have at one point in the past).  This might assist new
users trying to compile on Windows for themselves.

Any thoughts?  Does anybody have a Cygwin installation _without_ the
/cygdrive mountpoints?

The Makefile may not be as generic as it should be, because I mostly
just wrote it for my own needs in building Nmap binary packages for
distribution.  The "official" documented way to build Nmap is still
through the Visual Studio GUI.  But I agree that using the Makefile is
often easier and superior, so I'd be happy to have the Makefile
generalized further (such as by using /cygdrive/c rather than /c) if
someone sends me a patch that they've tested.

Cheers,
-F