Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap/Lua Compilation Woes
From: Lionel Cons <lionel.cons () cern ch>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:31:17 +0200

Hello,

I'm compiling the latest Nmap from SVN (revision 7703) and I have
problems with Lua. Somehow, dynamic loading gets disabled. Here is the
message I get:

# nmap --script-updatedb

Starting Nmap 4.62 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2008-05-27 12:19 CEST
LUA INTERPRETER in nse_init.cc:376: error loading module 'bit' from file '/usr/libexec/nmap/nselib-bin/bit.so':
        dynamic libraries not enabled; check your Lua installation
SCRIPT ENGINE: Aborting database update.

Nmap done: 0 IP addresses (0 hosts up) scanned in 0.045 seconds

The weird thing is that it did work before on the same machine. Did
anything changed recently regarding Lua? (I'm using the one from Nmap)

Also, looking at the compilation output, I noticed:

liblua/liblua.a(loslib.o)(.text+0x197): In function `os_tmpname':
/tmp/xxx-azs5k0X7/BUILD/liblua/loslib.c:63: warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

This should probably be fixed.

Cheers,

Lionel Cons