Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSL 0.9.8h available.
From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 12:23:38 -0500

On 6/1/08, jah <jah () zadkiel plus com> wrote:
On 01/06/2008 16:13, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
Thanks Jah, I've upgraded the mswin32 OpenSSL headers and libraries.
I've tested it, but if you could give it a quick test to verify it's
working before the new release that'd be great.

It's broken. The dlls don't seem to be statically linked against MSVCR80
(according to depends.exe) and nmap fails to initialise on a clean XP
install (I've got the standalone runtime installed on my main machine
and there, ssl is working as before).
I've tried building OpenSSL again, but I get the same result.  I notice
that libeay32.dll is about 32K smaller than it was before...
I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment, but intend to have a closer
look in a couple of hours.

Well crap, mine worked fine.  All of my stuff is packed up since I'm
moving today, but I'll look at it tonight.

Does anyone else have this problem?

jah

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn