Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Patch] v2
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 16:53:57 -0700

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:07:05AM +0000, jah wrote:
On 04/03/2008 01:04, Fyodor wrote:
On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 12:34:03AM +0000, jah wrote:

I believe the attached uses the function you alluded to and which
displays the IP address and, if name resolution is permitted, the
hostname.  I found its use in osscan2.cc and have tested it, but should
the patch be deficient in some respect, I'd be happy to do some more
background reading before having another crack at it...

Looks good.  Applied in SVN.

Whilst I was looking at this issuette, I noticed that the Visual Studio
solution for nmap doesn't show Target.h in it's list of header files
(i.e there isn't an entry for it in nmap.vcproj).  It seems to make no
difference whether it's added or not, but I thought I'd mention it.  I

Maybe it is used for dependency checking?  Or maybe it is just for
convenience of opening the files.  If you want to sync the .h files
with the vcproject files (remove the .h files which no longer exist
and add missing nmap .h files), and send me a patch against svn, that
would be great!
If only for the convenience of being able to "Go to Definition" and, as
you say, open the file in Visual Studio it's probably worth doing, so
I'll get on it!

Sure thing.  If you make a patch to the latest SVN version, I'll apply it.

Cheers,
-F