Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: A bug, probably another bug and a probable patch
From: "Mike pattrick" <mpattrick () rhinovirus org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:20:01 -0400

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Brandon Enright <bmenrigh () ucsd edu> wrote:
Can this be reproduced by disconnecting or disabling a NIC or is it
specific to a wireless driver putting the NIC in some strange off state?

Good question, this bug does not ocure if the NIC has been disabled
from the 'Network Connections' window. It seems that the wireless
driver reports that the NIC is 'there', but reports the IP address, IP
family, and some other information as ether NULL or zero. I don't know
what the actual effect of this switch is so I cant say for sure if
there is any other way to reproduce it.

Just to add more relevant background information, this has only been
tested on windows.

Michael