Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Help: VC++2008 and OpenSSL
From: "Kris Katterjohn" <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 01:22:38 +0530

Hey everyone,

Remember back in April when Marek got Nmap working on VC++2008[1]?
I'm working on finishing it up and getting it integrated to /nmap.

After removing the Vista UAC stuff (since I'm on XP), his changes
work.  Or, they did work.

Now I'm getting the following errors from the OpenSSL header for Nsock
and Nmap files which end up including it:

mswin32\openssl\include\openssl\ossl_typ.h(176) : error C2143: syntax
error : missing ')' before 'constant'
mswin32\openssl\include\openssl\ossl_typ.h(176) : error C2143: syntax
error : missing ';' before 'constant'
mswin32\openssl\include\openssl\ossl_typ.h(176) : error C2040:
'LPCSTR' : 'ocsp_response_st' differs in levels of indirection from
'const CHAR *'
mswin32\openssl\include\openssl\ossl_typ.h(176) : error C2059: syntax
error : ')'

And here's the guilty line:

typedef struct ocsp_response_st OCSP_RESPONSE;

I don't think context is important because it's just surrounded by a
bunch of other typedefs which don't cause any issues.

The same file works fine with VC++2005.

Commenting out the line allows for a successful compilation (with Nmap
running fine).

Any ideas on what the problem is and/or what can be done to fix it
will be most appreciated.

Links to the MSDN pages on these errors: [2][3][4]

On a better note, I was able to compile OpenSSL with the VC++2008
command prompt following the upgrade guide (I don't recall if this was
tested by anyone before).

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q2/0084.html