Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap usability upgrade: command line modification
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 22:54:59 -0600

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:59:08AM -0400, Jurand Nogiec wrote:
This modification handles the problem where if a user modifies the
command entry field, Zenmap does not necessarily execute this command
and instead it will follow what the Target/Entry fields specify
instead. This can lead to unpredictable results for the end-user,
which must be avoided. This avoids a bug where if you edited a
command, then selected a different target, the edited command line
would be replaced with one from the currently selected profile.

I have noticed some bugs in this new implementation of the command line.

If I have started a scan from a profile, when the scan is finished, the
target and profile entries are blanked (as if I had typed a command).
This happens because the _parse method of ScanNotebook reads the Nmap
XML file that was produced, and sees that no profile was recorded, and
erroneously clears the profile. It must be changed to leave the profile
and target unchanged when reading XML from a live scan.

Related to this, all scans are saved with scan_name="" and
profile_name="", so the fields are blank when the scan is loaded again
too.

David Fifield