Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] NSE Re-categorization
From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:48:18 -0500

Kris Katterjohn wrote:

Thanks, Fyodor.

I've been holding out replying in hopes there would be more discussion, but it
seems to have died out now.

Does nobody have any other ideas for new categories, or anything else
pertaining to the current/new category system?

We have a good number of categories, don't get me wrong, but if you have other
good ideas for another category, we still have room to add it.

Cheers,
-F

The only thing I can think of at this point is perhaps a Utility category
for future scripts that perform some local or support function such as provide
detailed output of the local environment, interactive queries of local xml
output files, script based fingerprint submission in nmap interactive mode,
etc.

I know that these scripts do not exist now but at the rate that new features
are being added to NSE I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few utility type
scripts are written in the near future.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom