Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Major SIPOptions probe reorganisation
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:15:33 -0700

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 06:02:59AM +0000, Brandon Enright wrote:
* Boost the rarity of SIPOptions

That seems like an abuse of rarity.  I'd say a rarity of 5 is already
pushing it.  SIP really isn't *that* common.

You two agree here.  Doug was proposing boosting the rarity to a
higher number, which makes Nmap consider the service *more* rare.  It
is a bit confusing, and even I have to look it up sometimes at
http://nmap.org/book/vscan-fileformat.html :).

Cheers,
-F