Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: zenmap as root error
From: "Guilherme Polo" <ggpolo () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:52:02 -0300

2008/4/1, João Medeiros <ignotus21 () gmail com>:
You can just check if the DISPLAY environment variable is set. Like this:

 ----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------
 import os
 import sys

 if 'DISPLAY' not in os.environ.keys():

just if 'DISPLAY' not in os.environ is fine

    print "Unable to start graphical application. Please, set DISPLAY \
 environment variable."
    sys.exit(0)

 import gtk
 ----------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------

 Put this before "import gtk" in zenmap main file to avoid some warnings too.

 Att, João Medeiros.

But, for PyGtk 2.8 and earlier I would suggest doing this in a
different manner (and much simpler and less error-prone):

try:
    import gtk
except ImportError, e:
    print e

For PyGtk 2.10 and newer, ImportError is actually a warning so the
code changes a bit:

import warnings
warnings.filterwarnings('error', module='gtk')
try:
    import gtk
except Warning, w:
    print w