Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Signal to send Nmap to pretend I pressed Enter?
From: Nathan <nathan.stocks () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:53:10 -0600

I've got an instance of nmap 4.60 on linux that's been running all
weekend--which is weird, because I didn't expect it to take nearly
that long.  I called it from a script, but the output is being
redirected to a file.  I'd like to get it to print out the ETA as if I
had pressed Enter, but I don't have access to stdin for the nmap
process.  Is there some signal I could send it with kill or something
that would act the same as if I had pressed Enter?

~ Nathan