Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Wrong nmap.xsl location in 4.85BETA3 from source
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 08:49:44 -0700

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 03:06:38PM +0100, Mads Johansen wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find
anything resent about nmap.xsl on the search page at insecure.org.

The location of the nmap.xsl file is wrong when you try to view a xml
output file.

Per default the second line says:
<?xml-stylesheet href="file:///usr/local/share/nmap/nmap.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>,
but when you download from source, you don't necessaryly put nmap in
that location.

The stylesheet line varies depending on how you configured Nmap; it's
not hard-coded. By default the prefix is /usr/local but you can change
that with the --prefix option to the configure script. Then you can
install Nmap in your home directory or anywhere you want.

Another solution would be to use the --stylesheet or --webxml option.

David Fifield