Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Any infections being discovered?
From: "Rathbun, Dan" <Dan.Rathbun () aecom com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 07:45:43 -0700

We have now scanned over 100,000 IP addresses using Nmap version
4.85BETA6 rev 12822 and apparently we are totally clean.  That sounds
like good news, but I find myself wanting to validate the results.  Has
anyone used the smb-check-vulns.nse script in a production environment
and discovered INFECTION yet?  I don't wish an infection on anyone, of
course, but I just want to know that the detection mechanism is actually
working before I breathe a sigh of relief!

Dan Rathbun
Information Security Director
CISSP, GSLC, GSEC, GLEG, GSNA and G7799 Certified

D 978.930.5656
dan.rathbun () aecom com

AECOM
515 South Flower Street, 4th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071-2201

http://www.aecom.com <http://www.aecom.com/>

This communication is intended for the sole use of the person(s) to whom
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or subject to copyright.  Any unauthorized use, disclosure
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender
immediately.  Any communication received in error should be deleted and
all copies destroyed.