Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

application for your NMAP SOC project.
From: abhinav singh <abhinavbom () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:39:46 +0530

Dear administrator,
i am very deeply intrested in participating in the open source project of
NMAP that is featuring undering GOOGLE  SUMMER OF CODE.
I am using the nmap tool for past three years and i find it as the best
network tool available so far.
I am really looking forward on working on this project.

IDEAS-
 I have few ideas of implimenting the NMAP tool for the IPv6 version of the
internet.

The thing that i feel Nmap lacks is loop hole scanning.It does provide that
facility to some extent but if we have a look at tools like NESSUS which
provide a good security scan and identifying loopholes.
If we implement a good loophole scanner then when it is combined with
linking features such as fixing the loophole,checking the listing ports and
forming brute force testing measures.

Making the interface a bit more user friendly can also help in making the
tool more popular.
If we perform the trace route on a geographical map then it will increase
the visual context.

If you like my ideas then i can help improve this tool. I would be honoured
to work under this esteemed organisation and help in increasing the
flexibility of the software.

thanking you
Abhinav singh (INDIA)