Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Install Bug - nmap-4.85BETA8-setup.exe
From: Liam <liamtr () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:12:19 +1000

Hi,
I love NMap btw. Keep up the good work.

It's not a "major" issue, but the latest win
"nmap-4.85BETA8-setup.exe" installer dumps Visual Studio/Visual C++
related rubbish in the root of C:\ rather than in %temp%. This has
happened to me on two different computers now - both XP SP3 - fully
patched.

List of files dumped in C:\
eula.1028.txt
eula.1031.txt
eula.1033.txt
eula.1036.txt
eula.1040.txt
eula.1041.txt
eula.1042.txt
eula.2052.txt
eula.3082.txt
globdata.ini
install.exe
install.ini
install.res.1028.dll
install.res.1031.dll
install.res.1033.dll
install.res.1036.dll
install.res.1040.dll
install.res.1041.dll
install.res.1042.dll
install.res.2052.dll
install.res.3082.dll
vcredist.bmp
VC_RED.cab
VC_RED.MSI

Btw, what happened to the "stable" release downloads for win? I didn't
look overly hard for them, but they weren't easily found either.

Regards,

Liam