mailing list archives
Re: Status Report #1 of 17
From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:16:08 +0300
For those of you who don't already know/remember me, I am ithilgore of sock-raw.org
and will be working on Nmap this SoC.
Below follows the first status report:
Status report #1 of 17
27 April, 2009
* Studied part of Ncat code and reviewed http.c (still haven't finished auditing)
* Committed 3 minor Ncat patches
* Uploaded a wiki on my site: http://sock-raw.org/wiki where I will be posting updates and notes on Nmap
* Started studying the nsock library and documented some things at http://sock-raw.org/wiki/Nmap/Nsock
* Refreshed mem on some things from UNP vol 1 (socket options etc)
* Created my own svn branch at svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/ithilgore/nmap-test
* Discuss tomorrow with Fyodor about the authentication cracking SoC project.
* Read the essential parts of SVN book.
* Experiment with nsock library - write my own test programs and specifically play with *many* sockets.
* Study service_scan.cc, take notes and see how nsock is used there. Other candidates are nmap_dns.cc and NSE
* Study thc-hydra source code, get ideas and note down its flaws/problems so that they are not repeated.
* See how the Nmap congestion-avoidance algorithms can be integrated into the new project, since they will really make
a difference there.
I didn't mention things like compiling Nmap, subscribing to nmap-dev etc or reading the Nmap book since these
had already been done before.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://SecLists.Org
Status Report #1 of 17 Luis M. (Apr 27)
Status Report #1 of 17 Joao Correa (Apr 27)
- Re: Status report #1 of 17, (continued)
Status report #1 of 17 Patrick Donnelly (Apr 28)
- Re: Status Report #1 of 17 ithilgore (Apr 27)