Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Building nmap/ncat on Ubuntu
From: Corey Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 20:58:20 -0700

So I finally took the plunge, and dipped my toes into the Ubuntu river (so that makes nmap test environments of MacOS X, FreeBSD, CentOS, and now Ubuntu-- phew!). My own opinions aside, I'm having a bit of difficulty getting nmap to compile from SVN-- it chokes on what looks like a flex error, but flex is already installed; any advice would be appreciated.

I've already installed gcc-g++, bison, openssl's development libraries, and flex (as a shot in the dark):

../libpcap/libpcap.a(gencode.o): In function `pcap_compile':
/home/jchandler/sources/nmap/libpcap/./gencode.c:382: undefined reference to `lex_init' /home/jchandler/sources/nmap/libpcap/./gencode.c:384: undefined reference to `pcap_parse' /home/jchandler/sources/nmap/libpcap/./gencode.c:401: undefined reference to `lex_cleanup' /home/jchandler/sources/nmap/libpcap/./gencode.c:368: undefined reference to `lex_cleanup'
../libpcap/libpcap.a(grammar.o): In function `yyparse':
/home/jchandler/sources/nmap/libpcap/y.tab.c:1877: undefined reference to `yylex'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ncat] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jchandler/sources/nmap/ncat'
make: *** [ncat_build] Error 2
jchandler () Conscience:~/sources/nmap$

--
Corey Chandler / KB1JWQ