Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

[no subject]
From: "Sebastian V. Frandsen" <sebastianf1 () live com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:31:23 +0200

Dear all,

Is there a way to ask Nmap to quit the ongoing scan after x number of open ports found?

The case:  I am currently testing a LAN where a firewall/IDS box replys that all 65k+ ports are open (i.e lots of false
positives).

I would like to pass a command/ scripting a way, so when nmap have found e.g. more than 50+ ports open, the scan should
be
abandoned.

I have been been looking at the man-pages, google etc with no luck, can someone on this list point me
in the right direction to solve the above

Many thanks in advance,

Sebastian