Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Conficker scanning with nmap
From: Lionel Cons <lionel.cons () cern ch>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:28:14 +0200

David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> writes:
I think we should just avoid calling EVP_EncryptUpdate when data_len == 0.

I fully support this. Nmap (including the OpenSSL LUA library) should
not crash so easily. The comment associated with the OpenSSL patch is
very relevant:

  Check-in [17371]: Don't use assertions to check application-provided
  arguments; and don't unnecessarily fail on input size 0.

Cheers,

Lionel