Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Getting SCTP support ready for merging
From: Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel () roe ch>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 01:32:02 +0200

David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> 2009-05-25:
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 02:05:27PM +0200, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
It's time to expose the SCTP features to some more testing.  If
all goes well, we might even get it into trunk in time for the
upcoming stable release.

New options introduced by SCTP support:

  -PY          SCTP INIT based ping scan
  -sY          SCTP INIT scan
  -sZ          SCTP COOKIE-ECHO scan
  --adler32    Use Adler32 instead of CRC32C for SCTP checksums

I found a little bug: -sZ doesn't write a scaninfo element in XML
output. nmap.dtd has to be updated with whatever you choose the scan
type name to be.

Fixed, thanks.  I went for the meaningful but awfully long scan
type name "sctpcookieecho", since none of the alternatives seemed
to be particularly convincing.

--
Daniel Roethlisberger
http://daniel.roe.ch/