Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: RFC on Nping: Raw packet probing nirvana
From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 03:38:42 +0000

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 12:01:26PM -0300 or thereabouts, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
Let me remind you all that transparent proxying is easily detectable using the QSCAN method....
More info here:
http://archiver.mailfighter.net/nmap-dev/2007/Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec/0079.html

Thanks for reminding me Buanzo.

This is one thing I think would be great for Nping unless it's
too difficult and/or too late to add to the requirements. I think
nping should implement the student's t test to compare data-sets
of timing information as done in QSCAN:

http://hcsw.org/nmap/QSCAN

Actually it's probably best to incorporate Poul-Henning Kamp's
ministat.c code. I would've used it for QSCAN if I'd known about it
at the time:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ministat&manpath=FreeBSD+8-current
http://sources.freebsd.org/RELENG_7/src/tools/tools/ministat/ministat.c

Best,