Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Save Topology
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:31:01 -0600

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 07:34:41AM -0300, João Medeiros wrote:
    Attached has a patch for Zenmap (r13290) that let users be able to
save the current Topology window as PDF, PNG, PS and SVG. You are
welcome to test it and give me feedback.

This is great! Easy to use and doesn't add much code. It saves only what
is currently visible in the window, which I hadn't thought of, but
strikes me as a good approach. This finally makes it possible to print
the network diagrams: first you save the snapshot, then open it in
Inkscape and print it.

I found a suprising thing: I typed "a.png" in the text box and it
created a file a.png.png. My preference would be to have the extension
not added automatically, or added only if it does not already exist.

I think the "Save Snapshot" button should be less prominent, perhaps
moved to the right of the other controls at the top.

The save dialog should be reused, not destroyed and recreated each time
it is opened, so that it remembers the last directory you looked in and
file format you chose.

But these are such minor details that I'm going to merge the patch as it
is, and make any further changes in the repository. Thanks!

David Fifield