mailing list archives
Status Report #7 of 17
From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 20:40:47 +0200
I've been quite busy the last few weeks with exams at uni but now I'm a free
man so hopefully I'll be able to spend much more time on Nping. Here are
accomplishments of last week and the priorities for this week:
* Implementation of command-line argument parser in progress. There are
about 75 different options so it will take a few more days until it is
* Implementing classes that handle the different types of protocols.
UDP are almost finished. TCP is in progress. A high level view of the
design can be found in SVN dir nmap-exp/luis/docs/packetDiagram.png.
* Implemented functions to handle encryption using Schneier's twofish
* "Echo protocol" definition is almost finished but I've decided to put
hold until the basic ping functionality is implemented.
* Had a meeting with Fyodor.
* Scheduled next meeting.
* Finish argument parser implementation.
* Implement necessary semantic checks to be run after parsing.
* Continue implementing the classes that handle the protocols.
* Create an exp nmap branch under my svn dir so it can be used for testing
when I take some functions out of nmap's code to put them in nbase, etc.
* Don't forget about user documentation.
* Locate the code where packet display is handled and review the format
to see if it needs some improvements for nping.
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
Archived at http://SecLists.Org
- Status Report #7 of 17 Luis M. (Jun 08)