Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

OS correction submitter doesn't work with -oN output
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:52:49 -0600

Hi,

I tried to submit an OS correction to the submitter at
http://insecure.org/cgi-bin/submit.cgi?corr-os. I ran the command

nmap -O -sSU -F -T4 -d 192.168.0.190 -oN log-1.txt

And then I pasted in the contents of log-1.txt. After filling out the
rest of the form and submitting, I got the error

Errors:
 * Incorrect Nmap output does not appear to be a valid Nmap scan (please paste entire Nmap output)

This is pretty annoying because it returns you to a blank form and you
have to go get the uname and everything again.

Doing this instead works:

nmap -O -sSU -F -T4 -d 192.168.0.190 > log-2.txt

I think the submitter should work with -oN logs. All I need when I
integrate the submissions is the OS fingerprint, printed with -d, and
the OS guess.

I attached the diff of the two logs to help identify what the submitter
is looking for.

David Fifield