Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.85BETA9 on Windows XP - error "Invalid target hostspecification:"
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 04:47:28 -0600

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:38:43AM +0200, Dennis Murray wrote:
I also have XP SP3 now and it still has the same problem.
It is standard Windows CMD to allow commas to separate parameters -
there is no override for this.
I will have to run the nmap command as follows:

nmap -sV -p "22,53,110,143,4564" 10.78.35.19

According to this web page,

http://www.ss64.com/nt/syntax-esc.html

there is an environment variable called delims that controls which
characters are delimiters. What does this command print?

echo %delims%

Maybe it has a locale-dependent default or something.

David Fifield