Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Stable Release Candidate (4.90RC1) now available
From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:08:02 -0700

Hi folks.  I'm happy to announce our first release candidate for the
upcoming stable release!  We hope to not make ANY changes between this
and the stable build, except for bumping the version number.  Please
give it a try and report any problems.  If no showstopper bugs crop
up, I hope to do the stable release next week.

You can download 4.90RC1 in all the regular formats (except MAC
binaries) at the normal location:

http://nmap.org/download.html

David does the MAC builds and he's away at LinuxTag preparing a great
presentation for Friday.  But I'm sure he'll do those builds as soon
as he is able, and then we'll update the download page.

Without further ado, here are the changes since 4.85BETA10:

Nmap 4.90RC1 [2009-06-25]

o [Zenmap] Fixed a display hanging problem on Mac OS X reported by
  Christopher Caldwell at
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/0721.html.  This was done by
  adding gtk2 back to macports-1.8.0-universal.diff and removing the
  dependency on shared-mime-info so it doesn't expect /usr/share/mime
  files at runtime. Also included GDK pixbuf loaders statically rather
  than as external loadable modules.  [David]

o Fixed a memory bug (access of freed memory) when loading exclude
  targets with --exclude. This was reported to occasionally cause a
  crash. Will Cladek reported the bug and contributed an initial
  patch. [David]

o Zenmap application icons were regenerated using the newer SVG
  representation of the Nmap eye. [David]

Enjoy the new release!
-Fyodor