Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: pcap-tcp Proof of Concept hack
From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:32:40 -0600

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:09:01AM -0400, Jay Fink wrote:
So I monekyed with this a little more today and found an inherent problem.
I was able to pass a filter to it (by port) which was easy enough,
but, because the steps in ncat are sequential the only way I can get
it to capture the current session is to figure out how to run the pcap
dispatch or loop in parallel. In other words, this patch is pretty
much useless as is.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to run while nsock_loop
is running.

Nsock can do pcap captures. See the functions nsock_pcap_open,
nsock_pcap_read_packet, and others.

David Fifield