Home page logo
/

nmap-dev logo Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Runtime error with nmap 4.85 BETA 6
From: Guilherme Polo <ggpolo () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:02:50 -0300

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:27 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 01:59:15PM -0400, henry.nymann () valeosylvania com wrote:
This is after doing a scan, using the default "Intense Scan" profile (nmap
-T4 -A -v -PE -PA21,23,80,3389), then when I go to the "Topology" tab and
click on the "Hosts Viewer" button.  Or, while on the Topology tab, if I
set the action in the controls to show information and then click a host.

Your question about the command line made me curious, so I opened the scan
that I ran for conficker (nmap -sC -p 445 -T4 -d -oA conficker_scan
--min-parallelism 64 -PN --script smb-check-vulns --script-args safe=1
<multiple CIDR ranges>) and I do not get the error.

I found a way to reproduce the problem. It only seems to happen when the
scan includes OS detection (-O or -A). I ran an Intense scan on a local
IP and clicked "Hosts Viewer". I got the error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: c:\Python26\python.exe
This application has request the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

It happens whether I run the installed py2exe-compiled version or if I
run the script directly with Python. If I run the script directly I also
get this output in the terminal:

**
Gdk:ERROR:gdkgc-win32.c:748:get_impl_drawable: code should not be reached
C:\cygwin\home\david\nmap\zenmap\zenmapGUI\App.py:196: GtkWarning: gdkpixmap-win32.c:302: CreateDIBSection failed:
The operation completed successfully.
 gtk.main()
C:\cygwin\home\david\nmap\zenmap\zenmapGUI\App.py:196: GtkWarning: gdkpixmap-win32.c:114: DeleteObject failed: The
operation completed successfully.
 gtk.main()

It seems to be a bug in PyGTK. I'll see if I can solve it.

Umit also had this problem and I workarounded it by changing the tab
orientation that is used in the notebook inside "Operating System". It
display tabs on the left side, so I changed it back to the default
(top).

David Fifield

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves